Red Flag #2: Shifts in Behavior
More signs of a cheating spouse is often found in their unusual behavior. Another big clue your partner is keeping a secret is, when they have a noticeable “shift” in their behavior, interests or attitude.
Now please keep in mind…
Many things can cause a person’s behavior to shift. It’s not always infidelity. It could be things like a new job, relocation, menopause, illness, financial stress, etc.
But when there are no obvious reasons (and when everything else is relatively calm), shifts in behavior become a big red flag.
All people do develop “patterns” of behavior.
Naturally, after living with another person for a long period of time, most of us will begin to learn — and “pick up on” — our partner’s patterns.
This happens on both a conscious and subconscious level. When people begin acting differently with no apparent reason, there’s usually a hidden reason.
What follows are examples of some noticeable changes in behavior that clued some of our clients in on the fact that their partner was cheating.
CLASSIC BEHAVIOR OF A CHEATING SPOUSE
- Staying up late and on the computer for hours
- A new, unfamiliar hobby
- Noticeable mood swings (being short-tempered, distant, defensive)
- Acting differently towards family and friends (being vague, distracted or “in their own world“)
- Suddenly developing a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde personality (one minute being more attentive to you, the next minute being mean or cold for no apparent reason)
- New interest in exercise, diet, fashion, colognes or perfumes
- Being overly earnest (having a sudden willingness to run errands, when they usually wouldn’t)
- Hyper-attention to personal hygiene (carrying breath fresheners, gum, mints, etc.)
- Higher than normal desire for sex (including new sense of adventurousness)
- Little or NO desire for sex (often blaming stress, finances, deadlines or work-related excuses)