BEST THINGS COME
After the worsT PAIN
Have you ever noticed how sometimes the best things can come after the worst pain… like a brilliant rainbow after a devastating storm, or like a newborn child after a long and difficult labor? And as unlikely as it may seem, the fact remains that sometimes, the best things come after the worst pain. And that’s why there is hope after infidelity.
Am I saying you can still have your happy ending?
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying. And what’s more, I’m willing to go out on a limb (don’t chop it off while I’m out there) and say… that not only is your happy ending still possible, it’s probably closer to you right now than ever before.
You see, contrary to what popular opinion tends to believe, there’s a way for you to actually transform all the pain, hurt, anger and heartache you’ve both been going through into building blocks for a newer, fresher and more rock-solid relationship. And there’s a way for you guys to take this negative experience and tum it into something positive — something you use to pull you both closer together, rather than allow it to cause you to completely fall apart.
How can I be so sure this is actually possible for you?
Great question. I can be sure because millions of couples before you have done it successfully. In fact, I challenge you to find a happily married couple who’ve been together for more than 20 years and who’ve never had a brush with infidelity (or at least some type of marriage-threatening event). If you look, you’ll be hard-pressed to find even one. The facts are clear, every marriage is tested in some way, and infidelity is only one type of test.
Here’s my belief.
If a relationship is going to thrive, then couples must leam how to overcome their share of marital troubles, problems and conflicts.
In other words…
There are no blemish-free marriages and no perfect couples. There’s no husband or wife that’s “above” temptation, no partner that doesn’t require forgiveness, no relationship without its share of conflicts, and no monogamous relationship that’s immune to boredom, complacency or the decline of passion.
And if all that is true (and it is), then do you realize what this suggests to us?
What this tells us is that the road to “happily ever after” isn’t always smooth. There are a lot of bumps and potholes along the way. It tells us that marriage, just like life itself, must navigate through many ups and downs. All marriages (mine included) experience high moments and low moments. But perhaps most importantly, it tells us that happy ever after… doesn’t mean perfect ever after. (Let’s read that again.)
Happy ever after doesn’t mean perfect ever after.
So, if the absence of relationship problems, conflicts, indiscretions or mistakes is NOT the secret to lasting relationship happiness… then what is?
Another great question.
Helping you and your partner find the answers together in the shortest time possible is what my 3-day Couples Weekend Intensive is all about.
WHAT is My 3-Day couples Weekend Intensive?
Our time together is divided into 6 Primary Areas of Focus:
- Sexual happiness
- Open & honest communications
The strategies that I will use to facilitate these areas will depend on what your relationship needs most. The amount of time we actually spend in each area depends on what you and your partner need the most.
Here’s my goal for you.
By the end of the weekend, you’ll:
- Redefine your destiny: Together, we’ll explore what you both want individually and in the marriage, and we’ll develop a road map to get you there so that you’re both on the same page working together (instead of against each other).
- Share a common language of love: You’ll understand how to love each other in ways you each WANT to be loved (using the “platinum rule”).
- Infidelity-proof your marriage: You’ll be motivated to set aside any lingering passivity within your marriage and learn to communicate more openly, as well as remain vigilant for any and all early warning signs that could try to sabotage your relationship in the future.
- Rekindle romance, sex & intimacy: You’ll discover my most effective strategies for dealing with conflicts, complacency and boredom. And perhaps most importantly, you’ll have a more passionate vision of your marriage that compels you both to move towards a deeper understanding of each other sexually, emotionally and psychologically.
Is my Couples Retreat right for you?
Obviously, my 3-day retreat is not right for every couple.
For one, it’s totally customized and uniquely tailored to help you specifically based on your marriage, your beliefs, your circumstances and your lifestyle. And because you’ll each have my undivided attention from start to finish for 3 entire days… my couples retreat is much more of a concierge experience than a couples workshop. (And the price reflects this fact.)
- A concentrated approach (Our workdays are long… up to 10 hours some days.)
- Accelerated learning curve (It’s basically an entire year of marriage coaching rolled into one super-concentrated weekend.)
- Private, confidential & powerful (What happens at your retreat stays with you for life.)
WHO is it for?
RIGHT FOR COUPLES WHO
- Want to move forward quickly
- Want to overcome the past now
- Want to let go of resentments now
- Want to fall back in love again
- Want to trust each other again
- Want to go for Passionate Monogamy
WRONG FOR COUPLES WHO
- Want to take it slow & keep circling back
- Want to keep the past alive a while longer
- Want to suppress (or bury) resentments
- Want to continue to punish & attack without end
- Want to continue to deceive & mistrust each other
- Want to stay stuck in passive monogamy
WHO is it for?
Think about it this way.
Can you honestly say you’ve done all you can? Have you both put all your cards on the table and pushed every single chip you have into the game? Can you sincerely look each other in the eye (without blinking) and say “we’ve given our marriage our best shot”? If not, then chances are you’ve still got more to learn. This weekend is about putting you and your partner on that accelerated learning curve.
Here’s what I truly believe.
I believe that when infidelity rocks a marriage, it’s life’s way of testing you. (Remember, it’s just a test, not the final exam.) And I believe that if a horse throws you… you have to dust yourself off and jump right back on.
In other words, you have to challenge fear, not tolerate it.
And also believe that…
Marriage is not about checking boxes or meeting needs. Marriage is about lighting fires and keeping them burning. And I believe that your love story doesn’t have to end… because it can begin again. And if you show up with the right attitude and the right strategies, you can tum even the most painful event into a positive force for good.
And as you consider that, consider this:
- Mediocrity is easily duplicated; excellence is not. This weekend is not about going back to normal… it’s about going for more
- Big change comes from small acts. Three days may seem like a short time (and it is), but when you realize it only takes one moment to totally turn everything back around, you start to see the possibilities opening up. We call this a “miracle moment”… and that’s what we’ll be going for.
Perhaps most importantly…
It’s only too late if… you don’t do something NOW.
Having the courage to act changes everything.
So, if the old way of loving didn’t work… that’s not an indication for you to get weak and give up or give in. It’s your cue to keep looking forward until you find a way that works. This weekend is about opening doors of possibility so that your future will no longer be what it was going to be.
Why even consider a couples weekend like this?
For all the reasons above… and because your marriage (and your original commitment to each other) still deserves the very best you can come up with despite (or in spite of) all that’s happened, and because it would be a shame for you to miss all of the amazing upside this downturn could bring into your marriage.
WHERE is it held?
OPTION 1: GAYLORD TEXAN HOTEL, DALLAS, TEXAS
Why the Gaylord Texan Hotel?The obvious answer is because it’s just a beautiful resort with the right mix of old world Texan chano and new world modern conveniences. Couples who stay here have access to pools, marinas, wonderful restaurants, a piano bar and the best nightclub in all of Texas.
The best part?
The Gaylord Texan Resort has everything you need under one roof. In fact, many couples never leave the property.
Here’s how it works.
You and your partner book a private room of your choice. However, your actual retreat (our time together) will be held in an executive suite. You will be on your own for breakfasts and dinners, but we will have working lunches together, usually in the suite.
Beverages (coffee, tea and water) as well as hors d’oeuvres are provided throughout.
Side note: If you choose the Dallas location for your retreat… then I strongly suggest you and your partner fly in at least a full day before your weekend intensive begins.
If you’ll be flying in from overseas, then give yourself a minimum of 36 hours recovery time prior to the start (for time zone adjustment).
OPTION 2: AT A RESORT NEAR YOU
Over the past decade, I’ve held my couples retreat in many different cities around the United States, Canada and the rest of the world. For instance, I’ve been to New York, Washington DC, Los Angeles, London, Vancouver and Dubai, to name a few.
Flying me into your city or town is a great option for high visibility couples (where travel is inconvenient and privacy more difficult) and for couples with smaller children who need to stay close to home, as well as for those who cannot travel to the United States.
Side note: If you’re considering having your retreat near your hometown, here’s something to keep in mind. The host hotel needs to be comparable to the Gaylord Texan. This includes the availability of an executive suite, along with Internet access, a business center and access to restaurants.
WHERE is it held?
My couples retreat can usually be scheduled on the first or last weekend of each month (except for the months of August and December).
It wouldn’t be intensive if we didn’t do all we could possibly do, so our days will start early and end late.
The daily schedule is:
Friday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am – 7:30 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
How much does it cost?
*Your hotel accommodations are included *Some restrictions apply
USA & Canada
USA & CANADA
*Your hotel accommodations not included
*Some restrictions apply
Outside Of USA & Canada
*Your hotel accommodations not included
*Some restrictions apply